Thursday, July 28

Rains in Mumbai

It is raining heavily in Mumbai. When it rains in Mumbai, things become irritating sometimes. Though I like rains and the rainy season but when it comes to commute during rains, I am out. I really hate to board a bus of a train or a rick during rainy seasons. they stop at random places bacause of the traffic and the windows rinse with water like anything. When the water rinses to pyjamas and shirts, it gives a very irritating feeling.

Things that we use to save ourselves from rain like umbrellas and raincoats and wind protectors etc are useless in mumbai rains because mumbai rains and massive and continuous. Also they start suddenly, no indication like cloud acculating for few minutes or so and cool winds blowing before the rains etc.

I travel by bus mostly to reach my office. Generally it takes one hour to reach office given that there is no traffic. But during rainy seasons, the commute time increases by 100% and sometimes more than that. My office is located in Navi Mumbai and my home in Kalyan(W). The bus does well till kalyan bypass. But after that the problem begins due to trucks and busses trying to occupy a single lane. The busses and trucks coming and those going take the same lane. The Municipal corporation should look into this matter seriously. The road from Kalyan Bypass to Mahape Circle is full of pits and rainwater accumulate in the pits and it becomes near to impossible to commute on such a road.

So the bus stops and moves like a bullock cart between kalyan bypass and mahape circle. It is really frustrating sometimes especially when it is extremely necessary to reach office on time for a meeting or training etc.

I just step out of the bus and walk towards my office. So on an average I walk 2 kilometres daily in rainy season and that also under heavy rains. I wish I could work from home during rainy seasons. Also this is a loss for the company I work for. I am not able to give my 100% as I am already tired commuting. Same is the case when I have to travel back to home. It is very necessary for me to leave early from the office during rainy season to avoid the rush hours of the bus.

So in all I have 2 wishes. The pits get filled(Municipal Corporation help !) and I get a laptop to work from home during rainy seasons (Project Manager Help !).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to express your views here...